Dublin Call Girl has a new brilliant post about the punters/Johns that haunt her in memory. She’s got me thinking a lot about who still can fill my mind. Here’s an excerpt:
Other men are the kind that you might know in real life, that could easily be your boss or your brother’s friend. Some could be my friends. The secrets people keep. The secrets I thought were normal to keep, and I didn’t have a wife and kids. And then we have to ask, how can we justify what we’re doing if it’s so ‘okay’? And don’t blame it on the stigma associated with using escorts; be the change you want to see then, be a pioneer for ‘punters rights’ or whatever, if you’re so passionate about it…. no? Didn’t think so.
Punters either knowingly or unknowingly hurt me, and hurt themselves. They had a big hand to play in what I am going through now, and I firmly don’t believe that most punters are happy people. I think that that the easy availability of sex and the normalising effect that escort websites have, distorts the truth, massively, for many, many people involved, and I was one of those people. You’re seeking ways to subconsciously hurt yourself and these websites hand it to you on a plate. And people wonder why prostitution is filled with vulnerable women.
- Looking for Unicorns: The Search for the “Happy Hooker” & the “Good Punter/John” (secretlifeofamanhattancallgirl.wordpress.com)
- A Thankyou Letter to Punters. (secretlifeofamanhattancallgirl.wordpress.com)
- How a Call Girl Feels When She’s “Reviewed” Online (secretlifeofamanhattancallgirl.wordpress.com)
- Reclaiming a Space for a Voice (survivorsconnect.wordpress.com)
- Prostitution and Choice (survivorsconnect.wordpress.com)